Gary ThompsonShared Services & Business Excellence Expert
SSON Global Steering Committee
2:00 PM Discovery - For those in early stages of shared services, looking to understand and perfect the fundamentals
- What is process standardisation?
- How is it applied?
- What benefit does it bring to service delivery?
- When not to standardise processes
- Understanding the importance of outsourcing to the region
- How to decide between insourcing and outsourcing
- Scaling up through automation by leveraging the outsourcers technological capabilities
07:30 AM Registration
08:00 AM Start of Workshop A
10:00 AM End of Workshop A
Workshop duration: 2 Hours
Overview: Specifically designed for those who are at the very beginning of their transformation journey and looking to gain more information on how to utilise internal shared services and/or outsourcing for end to end support and effective service delivery.
- Discovery – what is shared services (SS)? What can it do for me?
- Understanding the ecosystem of a shared services centre (SSC)
- Feasibility development
- Building an SSC
- Transition of people, processes and services
- Performance transformation
- How to sustain your success
Benefits of attending: Understand the fundamentals and advantages of shared services, the key terminology used and how shared services can uplift service provision and drive benefits within your organisation, ahead of the main conference.
1:45 PM Transforming Your Service Function From a “Cost-Centre” To a “Profit-Centre”- Thursday, 12 April 2018
01:45 PM Registration
02:00 PM Start of Workshop C
03:30 PM Break
04:00 PM Workshop C Resumes
05:30 PM End of Workshop C
Workshop duration: Half Day / 3.5 Hours
Overview: Specifically designed for those who are looking to take their shared services offering to the next level through continuously improving service level strategies.
- Reducing overheads through lean process improvements
- Generating revenue through innovative thinking
- Playing a more active role in supporting overall company strategy
- Building a business case for function / center transformation
Benefits of attending: Devise a strategy for overcoming internal perceptions that your support function is an overhead and create a business case for transforming your department or SSC into a profit-generating centre.